Tuesday 5 February 2013

JANUARY FAVOURITES...


Top 5 'Glad'sticks!


Choosing my five favourite Lipsticks for January was tough.  I have purchased so many colours this month to kick start the new year and have been largely impressed.  However, there were 5 which particularly stood out to me and here they are...


MAC Lady Danger, MAC Girl About Town, Topshop Brighton Rocks, Revlon Lip Stain Passion, Rimmel Kate 107

Same as above...


1.  MAC Amplified in 'Girl About Town'

I had been looking for a bright, yet not too girly, fuchsia lip colour, for a while.  On my most recent visit to MAC, I discovered 'Girl About Town' and loved it straight away.  My signature fashion look is all black so I tend to look for lip colours that will add a fresh, bright and exciting splash of colour to my outfits and this one ticks all my beauty boxes.

£14.00 MAC Cosmetics
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick


2.  MAC Matte in 'Lady Danger'

I have so many red lipstick variations - cherry reds, postbox reds, berry reds, vampy reds and lots of the classic Chanel Rouges, but my make-up box was miserably missing a brighter, orangey-red shade.  I had heard so many people rave about MAC's Lady Danger in the beauty blog/vlog world so decided to try.  I LOVE IT!  I can see myself wearing this more in the summer than right now, but it is definitely a great colour if you are missing this type of red in your lipstick collection like I was. 

£14.00 MAC Cosmetics
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick


3.   Topshop in 'Brighton Rocks'

As some of you may already know, I am completely addicted to the Topshop Lipsticks!  I only discovered them towards the end of last year but have been hooked ever since!  The colour range is amazing and they have great pigmentation.  At only £8.00, they are cheap compared to your MAC, Chanel and Tom Ford favourites. The staying power is surprisingly good and the packaging is beautiful, with a ceramic type finish, making them super-sturdy.  'Brighten Rocks' is a bright, blue-based, fun pink with a satin matte finish, making it great for an everyday pop of colour. 

£8.00 Topshop 
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=1627975&langId=-1 


4.  Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in 'Passion'

Millie Mackintosh is my absolute beauty and fashion guru right now and everything she raves about, I want!  She recently blogged about her love of the Revlon Lip Stains so, I quickly looted my local Boots for mine.  I chose the colour 'Passion' as I thought it would be a good colour to wear to work and I heard it lasts for hours.  I tend to keep my eye make-up minimal for work but working in Beauty, I do feel the need to wear a bright, prominent lip colour so I look the part and this one is just the ticket!  I found it a little strange at first - the applicator is like a felt tip pen so I was immediately reverted back to being 5 years old using my magic markers as lipsticks....  However, the pigmentation is great, the staying power is incredible and the texture makes the overall look appear very natural.  Thanks, Mills!

£8.99 Boots
http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Just-Bitten-Lip-Balm-and-Stain_1276246/


5.  Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107

The final lip product in my January favourites is from the Kate collection at Rimmel.  This is a highly pigmented, rich, deep berry red, with a silky matte finish. I love this colour for the evening and have been wearing it so much lately. I definitely think it will be a perfect, romantic colour for Valentines Day this month.  I always get asked which lipstick this is when I have it on and, despite my pet-peeve of numbered lipsticks (SO boring and unfortunate for the numbered lipsticks; how can anyone possibly remember umpteen lipstick number variations???), when I do remember, people are always shocked to find it costs only £5.49.  Jackpot. 

£5.49 Boots 
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Kate-Matte-Lipstick_1281356/

 


No comments:

Post a Comment